Saturday, April 5, 2014

The Crossfit Open and making Regionals

The CrossFit open was a tough, but as always a humbeling experience. I went into this open with no real expectations but to do all of the workouts, since I haven't really been able to do that in the past opens due to various surgeries or vacations. I had been working hard on strength since October and re testing some of the past open workouts had been going really well, so I really didn't know what would happen this year, but again no expectations. I still feel like a scrawny triathlete compared to the rock-stars the regionals and open women are.

Week to week it was exciting to watch the live announcements and a little nerve wrecking at the same time. I tried to keep calm and not put too much preasure on myself, which didn't really happen the first week but I got better as the weeks went on. There were various times during the open I just had to step back and say to myself you're doing this for fun, even though I was watching the Leaderboard daily or even hourly =)

The highlight of the open was going to San Fran and meeting Kelly, Diane Fu, Christy Phillps, and doing the open 14.4 at Petrero Hill. The last two open workouts were my best, and I was really happy getting 10 MU's in 14.4 since those have been my goat the past two years. It felt good to finally be able to knock those out, although my form still needs help.

14.5 was another good workout for me, thrusters and over the bar burpees, I got 16th in the region for this workout, and did 20 sec better doing it the second time. I re did this one on Monday which was the final day of the open, so after that it was a waiting game to see where I'd land and if Regionals was in the books this year. All in all I was really happy with my accomplishments this year, Regionals or not. Yeah the more I thought about making it the more pumped I got, but honestly if I wouldn't have made Regionals this year I would still be very content. Well I got the email today saying my video was accepted which means, yep I'm going to Regionals!!!! UNBELIBABLE! =)

My emotions: shocked, excited, scared, nervous and many more, but at the end I don't even care if  I place last in each workout (well maybe a little). My main goal now is to try to be prepared for the volume, and be well rested going into Regionals in 5 short weeks. My body is feeling sore after this weeks training, but all in all I'm feeling pretty good. I have to pay a lot more attention to eating a little extra, resting, and hydrating more.

Super pumped to have the Kingfield crew come and Danny to be in the back helping me calm my mind (he seems to know what to say to make things more manageable). I've had a lot of support from the KF crew along with G-dawg, Kurbs, and even little Oscie who comes to the gym with us every Saturday and most days of the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment