Saturday, January 24, 2015

Freeze Fest 2015, Credence Comp, following a new program, and the little things....






I have started a new program with Zach, which has had it's ups and downs, but overall I think it's going well. In fact, this past week I've had PR's on pretty much all my lifts, which has been awesome. I seem to always be in a somewhat of a rut when it comes to Oly lifts and squats, so I've come to really be happy when I get a 5lb PR, instead of dreaming big for those 20+pounders.

The program with Zach started October or late September, so it's been about 3 months. It's very different compared to anything I've done because I am actually following one program, and also because I haven't done or added any of the swim, bike, or run stuff. The tri training and running has officially been on the back burner. The first month was very different as I was used to doing way more, but at the same time the strength and load from the program took some time getting used to. I've had to really be diligent when it comes to my diet and eating more overall, as well as mobilizing ALL the time!! All in all I think the last couple weeks to a month I've been really dialing things in, or at least I think. I can always eat more of course =) Aside from strength the WOD's started off pretty rough, but have been feeling pretty good lately. I have added a few wods here and there on test days or off weeks, but nothing too crazy as I am trying to be smarter exerciser now.

I haven't done any comps since GG which was also a challenge as I really like to compete and do WODs...but strength takes time, and the best thing you can do with strength is REST, so competitions have had to go on the back burner as well (not my choice), but I listened. So the only competitions that I did end up doing was two which were both partner comps. I figure those aren't as taxing, and you can in a way train though them without getting too burned out.

Kim and I did the Credence Comp which was pretty fun. We had never competed together. I remember not feeling too great at that one, and had some stomach issues the night before. We didn't' do too great, but it was fun. And I snatched a high at a competition, a huge 115lbs ;) It's the little things...starting to think that's my 2015 motto...

FreezeFest came last weekend. I was supposed to compete with Danny but another guy from the gym, Christian really wanted to do his first comp before the OPEN so Danny gave up his spot. It was fun to compete with Christian and he did really well being that this was his first comp. I like the workouts a lot better this year. There was snatch, clean and DL ladder. Both Christian and I got stuck on the snatch, which for me was a 125 and him 195. We both didn't hit the weights, boo! There was also a sled sprint event and then a 12, 9, 6 thruster and burpee right after. I was super excited to do that one but we ran out of time as the guys had to do first and the time cap was 7min. A lot of people were dying out on that one...wonder if it was the combo of pushing the sled and the workout that really made that one tough. We just got through the 12's on my side before the time was up. We did do pretty well on the snatch/MU wod.

WOD was 5min time cap
9 snatch at 95/135
2/3 MU's.
We were both able to get through 2 rounds. I was even able to string together the snatches and do them power! Big step for me as I believe last year my max snatch was 100lbs.

WOD 5 was a little rough as Christian was not able to do 50 unbroken DU's, but he tried really hard!! I think the DU's should have been at the end to give people a chance to at least do the whole workout, but oh well. I came home and did it with Gabe =)

All in all it's been a really good few months. I've been trying to stay positive and patient with my strength. I knnow that my limiting factors is my love for the WOD's, so the strength will just take a bit longer, but it's an ongoing process. I have time! Very pumped going into the open and the next cycle of training gearing up for the open which startes on Monday.

Progress thus far:

225 BS, 340DL, 180bench, 125 snatch, 165 clean and jerk, 170 clean, 200 for 3 rep max FS, 3:46 1K row, 7:50 2K row, 178 10min AD test, 115 strict press, 23 unbroken HSPU, 6 unbroken MU's, 35 unbroken wall balls. Rowing has gotten way better but I still dislike it.

Retested 7min burpeesx2...133 first time, rest 2hrs, go again, 135 second time. Got 102 in 2012, which was huuuge.




No comments:

Post a Comment